Depending on where you’re located, it either feels like spring already or the weather hasn’t quite settled down into the warm zone yet. But as we know from losing that hour due to Daylight Savings, we are SPRINGING forward into the new season, which means it’s time for spring cleaning.
Here are 7 tasks that will return your home to a sparkling state just in time for spring.
- Tackle the kitchen first. In my opinion, this is the most important room in the home, where everyone gathers for conversation while delicious meals get made and consumed. Wipe down the inside of your cabinets and drawers to clean out dust and food debris. This is a great time to remove everything inside and thoroughly wipe down these areas, including the exterior and hardware. Put on one of our incredibly useful Speed Cleaning™ Original Aprons so all your cleaning tools will be right where you need them. This way you won’t waste time climbing up and down your step ladder to retrieve your sponges, cleaning spray, or Speed Cleaning™ Apron Tool Kit.
- Deep clean your freezer by unplugging it, scraping the sides, and draining away the melted ice. When it’s completely defrosted, clean away crumbs and scrub the sides before returning the contents. Put a dish of baking soda to soak up any lingering odors.
- Clean your refrigerator. Take everything out and throw away expired food and condiments, then wash all shelves and drawers with lukewarm, soapy water. Speed Cleaning™ Red Juice is great for removing any gunked on food that doesn’t get swept away by your initial pass with soapy water.
- Clean your walls and ceilings. While this seems like a big job, it’s a lot easier and cheaper than repainting! Work efficiently from the ceiling down to the floor, first vacuuming with the brush attachment on your vacuum. Avoid streaking by drying the walls as you clean with our Speed Cleaning™ Microfiber Dusting and Cleaning Cloths. If your walls have wood paneling, our Sh-mop’s telescoping handle makes reaching to the ceiling easy. And don’t forget to clean your outlet covers and light switches, which are a haven for grime and germs.
- Move furniture out of the way to clean underneath. Every time you do your maintenance cleaning, you’re vacuuming around the big pieces of furniture, but now’s the time to enlist someone to help you to shimmy your sofa, dresser, tables out of the way so you can clean under and around where they were. The Microfiber Sh-Mop Kit is the perfect tool to clean tile, ceramic, wood, or laminate surfaces. Just remember to keep the Sh-Wipes barely wet when using it on wood floors. Since you’ve got the large furniture out of the way you might consider steam cleaning your carpets or calling in a professional carpet cleaner. And if you’re in the market for a new vacuum, we’ve got some of our favorites for sale.
- With that new vacuum in hand, think about vacuuming and flipping your mattresses. When you’re done with the floors, head into the bedrooms with your vacuum to power clean your mattresses. You can suck up dust and dust mites which helps to avoid allergies and prolongs the life of your mattress. Since you’re already wrangling the mattress, this is a great time to flip and turn it.
- Finally, it’s time to get your windows in perfect shape for all that extra sunshine shining in by scrubbing your windows and window treatments. Make it easier on yourself by investing in the appropriate tools like our Speed Cleaning™ Blue Juice and our Speed Cleaning™ Microfiber Dusting and Cleaning Cloths for a streak-free finish.
Congratulations, you did it. Your home is now ready for spring! We hope you found these tips helpful. Please let us know if you have any spring cleaning tips to pass along. We’d love to hear them!
Leave a Reply