It’s more important than ever to keep your house clean as the global spread of COVID-19 (the novel coronavirus) continues. The virus appears to spread via respiratory droplets and can remain alive for days on surfaces, meaning that NOW is the time to clean your home thoroughly. Frequent cleaning of surfaces in high-traffic areas will do a lot to keep your family safe, along with other precautions like hand-washing, not touching your face, and covering your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
Clean frequently touched surfaces
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention says the best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to wash your hands frequently and wipe down surfaces that are frequently touched. The EPA has a complete list of disinfectants you can use against the virus, including Clorox bleach, Ecolab’s multi-purpose disinfectant cleaner, and Kimberly-Clark’s Hitman Spray or Wipe.
Here are a few areas to tackle:
- Light switches
- Cabinet handles
- Drawer handles
- Toilet handles
- Microwave handle and buttons
- Coffee pot handle
- Filtered water pitcher handle
- Refrigerator door handle
- Hard-backed chairs
- TV remotes
How to clean your phone
If you haven’t cleaned your phone in awhile, it’s definitely time to give it some attention. Have an iPhone? Apple says it’s safe to wipe down phone screens with a Clorox Disinfectant Wipe or 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe.
Should you stock up on cleaning supplies?
You can count on us to continue to serve you by selling and shipping products at our usual prices for as long as we continue to receive shipments. Many large outlets like Amazon and Walmart have run out of cleaning supplies, but our supply looks solid. We know you need us more than ever and we are here for you. Count on us to not price gouge or take advantage of the situation.
Which Speed Cleaning products will help clean during this time?
We highly recommend Nitrile gloves. They’re made of synthetic rubber, great for anyone with an allergy to latex. They’re also 3x stronger than your standard latex glove, are chemical resistant, and are FDA-approved for food service.
Our Vapamore Steam Cleaner uses water to deep clean instead of harsh chemicals. Doing additional deep cleaning is critical during this viral outbreak.
Cleaning with multiple Speed Cleaning™ Premium Cotton Cleaning Cloths will help you avoid any cross contamination.
Tips on staying healthy
- Home: Wash hands as soon as you get home, before and after food preparation, before eating, after using the bathroom, after touching garbage. If you’re caring for someone who is sick, be extra cautious with your cleaning, frequently laundering sheets and towels.
- Work: Wash your hands as soon as you arrive in the office, before eating, and after using the bathroom. Avoid partaking in any communal snacks. If you feel sick, please stay home and encourage your colleagues to do the same.
- School: Teach your kids how to properly wash their hands and for how long (20 seconds!). Remind them to wash before eating lunch or snacks and after using the bathroom. Keep children home if they are sick.
- Shopping: Avoid touching your face after you touch anything other people may have touched. Use an antibacterial wipe on the grocery cart handle. If using reusable bags, be sure to wash them when you get home.
- Traveling: Stay at least six feet away from anyone who is sneezing, coughing, or blowing their nose. Wash your hands after going through security and after getting off the plane. Carry disinfectant wipes to wipe down the tray table and its latch and your seatbelt clasp as well.
Stay safe and healthy out there!