Mother’s Day is around the corner and we’re here to let you know what she really wants—Time! One of the best things you can give her is more time to cuddle her little ones, and one way to do that is to take something off her plate for the week.
So Dads, listen up! We’re going to give you 10 tips on how to clean your home in the most efficient way possible. You might enjoy this so much that you keep doing the cleaning for the other months of the year, too. A mom can dream, can’t she?
10 things you can do to clean more efficiently:
- Make every move count. Every move you make should be necessary and unwasted. Work your way around a room once, carrying all your tools and supplies with you in our Speed Cleaning™ Apron. Simply strapping this on will cut down the time it takes to clean your home. Clean methodically around the room without backtracking.
- Use the right tools. Like we mentioned, a cleaning apron to carry your tools is a must. Inside your apron, carry the supplies and equipment to get the job done right, like our Speed Cleaning™ Microfiber Dusting and Cleaning Cloths and Speed Cleaning™ Red Juice. Stuff trash or wet cloths and sponges inside the apron pockets as you work.
- Work from top to bottom. Don’t fight gravity, work with it! As you clean things high up, the dust and bits of grime will fall to the lower regions, so you don’t want to clean that area twice. Start at the top and work your way down, vacuuming the floor AFTER you’ve tackled the higher areas.
- Don’t clean things that aren’t dirty. You’d be amazed how much time is wasted cleaning surfaces that weren’t dirty to begin with. Spot clean areas with your bottle of Speed Cleaning™ Red Juice to wipe away fingerprints and move on to the next surface.
- Clean surfaces before you rinse or wipe them. Don’t try to shortcut the process by rinsing or wiping a surface before it’s really clean. Watch the dirt get wiped away, and then you can finalize the cleaning by rinsing or wiping.
- Recognize if the tool you’re using isn’t working. Shift to a more heavy-duty cleaner or tool as the task requires instead of expending a lot more elbow grease. It’s all about efficiency.
- Repetition smooths your moves. All motor skills get perfected by practicing them over and over. So put your cleaning tools back in the same spot in your apron each time you use them. When you go to pull out your Speed Cleaning™ Red Juice, you don’t have to look for it, but your hand will instinctively know exactly where it is in the apron. This will increase your speed.
- Pay attention. The work will be more fun when you’re giving it your full attention. By giving it a steady focus, you’ll be working at the edge of your full abilities. That’s right—cleaning can be fun if you’re paying close enough attention!
- Keep track of time. You’ll impress yourself by seeing how fast you’re cleaning, which will propel you to even more speediness.
- Use both hands. Use any available resource you have and don’t leave any scrubbing or wiping capacity idle. Spray with one hand while you reach for the cloth in your apron with the other. Scrub with one hand while the other wipes up behind it.
We hope these tips help you quickly jump in to handle all the housecleaning for the week. Trust us, it’s a gift that Mom will love.