If you are reading this and dealing with bed bugs, let me first say “Hang in there!” Reports from across the country note that bed bug infestations have been increasing rapidly since 2004, so you are not alone in battling this problem. Scientists believe the resurgence of bed bugs is due to decreased use of pesticides and to increased air travel where people bring them into the United States from another country.
However bed bugs got into your home, you’re having to deal with them now. One of the best ways to tackle your bed bug problem is to make use of a steam cleaner, and we’ve got a great one for sale—the Vapamore Steam Cleaner. This is a top-rated steam cleaning system that was awarded Best Steam Cleaner by the leading consumer rating digest. One of the benefits of using the steam cleaner to get rid of bed bugs is that it’s free of chemicals, so you can feel safe using it around your family.
Killing bed bugs with steam is very effective, but you have to have the right tool for the job. You can’t just use the type of steamer you might have to steam your clothing because this won’t kill the bugs. The steam cleaner works by cranking up temperatures where the bed bugs are hiding to over 160 degrees, and steam can work its way up to ¾” into fabric surfaces or up to ½” in a crack or crevice. The surface temperature of the area being treated should be at least 160 degrees immediately after you steam the area in order for the bugs to be quashed.
Here are a few steps to follow as you use your steam cleaner to attack the bed bugs.
- Attach the nozzle to the steam wand and use caution because the steam is by nature very hot.
- Use the steam cleaner on all surfaces where you can see bed bugs and in any area where bed bugs could be hiding.
- The surface temperature must reach at least 160°F. Below this, bed bugs could survive your steaming. Keep the temperature under 180 degrees to lessen the risk of damage to your fabric and other materials. If the temperature of the surface area you are treating is too low, move the steam wand more slowly to increase the temperature.
- Fabric can be damp but not be wet. If the fabric is getting too wet, dial back the amount of steam.
- When done, you can use a fan to help circulate air and dry off the fabric you steamed.
- Follow the instructions to cool off the steamer and relieve the pressure.
- Unfortunately, you may have to repeat this procedure a few times. The steam will only kill bed bugs that are exposed to the heat, so if you missed any in your initial pass, you’ll have to attack them again.
Since it can be a specialized way of equipment, an alternative choice to use if you
are looking for any grout cleaning machine is to locate tile care
and carpet cleaning businesses that ‘re going broke and
searching to liquidate. However, people who do hire professional tile
cleaning may have floors which will shine and keep going longer compared to the average
ones. There are a few solutions to make this happen, but also in many instances, it’s extremely all
to easy to achieve a near perfect finish.