If you’re anything like me, your kitchen is the nerve center of the entire house. It’s where the whole family gathers to enjoy meals, conversation, or that first cup of coffee in the morning. It’s important to have a clean kitchen, not only for your peace of mind, but also to have a healthy and safe environment in which to cook. Follow these tips to cleaning your kitchen like a pro and you’ll clean efficiently and thoroughly, so you can get back to enjoying that cup of coffee!
Remember, don’t “come back” to any area, but be sure everything gets cleaned the first time around when you make your way from left to right in the kitchen. If you have to go back to clean something you missed, you’re wasting time!
- First, place any trash containers outside the room. Then, start to clean your way around the kitchen, moving from left to right and working from high to low.
- Start with cupboards above the counter—usually you just have to clean the fingerprints around the handles. Use an all-purpose spray and wipe dry with a microfiber cloth.
- Spray and wipe the countertop, working from back to front, moving items to clean beneath them. That’s right, pick up the toaster and clean underneath it, wiping away all those crumbs.
- Spice rack got you down? Remember that the easiest way to clean it is to toss out all those old spices and replenish them with fresh spices!
- A toothbrush can come in handy cleaning drawer knobs or cabinet handles, along with corners or other areas hard to clean with just a cloth.
- Keep working from high to low around the kitchen, wiping away cobwebs on the ceiling and dust on the floorboards. Check for fingerprints where little ones might grab the edge of the door frame as they pass by, to keep themselves steady on wobbly new legs.
- Wipe the top of the refrigerator and then clean fingerprints from the outside. Clean around the hinges and door handle.
- Spray and wipe the area above the stove, then clean the stovetop. If you’re dealing with a gas range, you can lift off the grates to clean as necessary. When you’re done with the grates, then clean the middle of the stove. Don’t forget to clean the front of the stove as well!
- You’ll finish your trip around the kitchen at the sink. Clean above the rim of the sink with an all-purpose cleaner and cloth, and then use powdered cleaner on the bowl of the sink.
- The final step is to clean up the floor. First, sweep or vacuum the floor to get the debris. Then mop the floors to get rid of any sticking substances or spills.