Embrace your inner clean freak (or try to become one)
Love is in the air! Here are some of the reasons why we here at Speed Cleaning, and so many of you out there, freely admit a love for cleaning and being organized:
- Cleaning gives you a sense of accomplishment because there’s a beginning, a process, and a result.
- Being in a clean space can be both emotionally calming and uplifting.
- The physical activity of cleaning can relieve stress and be a bit of a workout.
- Being uncluttered and in control of your environment can be a subconscious reflection of how you want to be perceived by others – organized and in control. Check out Jeff Campbell’s ebook Clutter Control!
- Your clean space is a reflection of how you take care of yourself. A fresh, clean home is likely to be inhabited by someone who’s relatively clean about themselves.
- Crumbs and dried spills attract bugs. Enough said.
- Unexpected guests at the door? No worries when you stay on top of things in the cleaning department.
- It’s easier to find stuff when your space isn’t a cluttered wreck. And staying organized can actually save you from purchasing things that you already own. There are several articles on Speed Cleaning’s blog about decluttering and clutter control, such as “How Do You Know If You Have a Clutter Problem”.
- Cleaning and caring for your home sets a good example for the kiddos in the house, who will one day grow up and invest in/be responsible for their own home.
- Taking the few extra seconds or minutes to put things where they belong immediately rather than just setting them down anywhere will save you time (and aggravation) in the long run. Laundry is already gathered in the basket, dishes aren’t scattered about the house so, yes, start the dishwasher, wiping the kitchen counters down is a breeze because there’s no mail or dishes or recyclables stacked up – you get the picture.
So there you have ten reasons to keep your home clean and organized. Feel free to comment with your reasons for loving to clean. And visit SpeedCleaning.com for great cleaning products and tools that the pros use.