Stainless steel appliances are all the rage these days. They are beautiful and make a kitchen look modern and upscale. But, grimy, smeary stainless steel looks worse than the less popular enamel finishes. The image of elegance and sophistication will quickly fade if you don’t keep those stainless appliances sparkling clean. Most cleaners do a terrible job on stainless steel appliances, leaving them filmy and streaky, and not budging on the greasy smudges. Why is it so hard to clean? While visiting my friend Kathy in Austin, Texas I learned of her frustration over this very issue. She complained that no matter what product she used, her beautiful stainless steel refrigerator never looked clean! I shipped her some Clean Team Products as soon as I got home. Here’s what Kathy had to say:
“Debbie, this is the best stainless steel cleaner I’ve ever used! Nothing has ever worked this good on my appliances. I love this stuff”.
The two amazing products that work beautifully on stainless steel from The Clean Team are Red Juice (to clean and remove tough sticky spots, and fingerprint) and The Clean Team Stainless Steel Crème (to give it a rich luster that leaves the finish glowing gloriously and smells dreamy!). I use it on my stainless steel coffee maker too.
Here is what to do and what not to do when cleaning your stainless steel appliances so that they will keep their luster and shine for years to come.
What to do:
- Always start by cleaning with Red Juice and a clean, dry microfiber cloth.
- Spray the Red Juice directly on the stainless steel.
- Always wipe in the direction of the grain to avoid leaving streaks.
- Always buff completely dry to prevent spotting.
- Apply a light coating of The Clean Team Stainless Steel Cleaner, rub with the grain
What not to do:
- Never use steel wool or steel brushes. They will scratch the surface of your stainless steel and make it more susceptible to rusting and staining.
- Abrasive cleansers will scratch the surface and should never be used, even on tough grime.
- Bleach will stain and damage stainless steel
- Never use harsh cleaning sprays or solutions that contain bleach. Red Juice is safe and tough.
- Most store-bought cleaning solutions will leave a residue that can stain and damage the surface, so don’t use toxic cleaners, and if you do, be sure to rinse, and dry thoroughly.
The best way to keep your stainless steel appliances looking beautiful year after year is to avoid stains and corrosion by proper care and maintenance. With just a little effort, and tough, proven products, your appliances will look shiny and new year after year.