A new study on household dust has revealed that it’s loaded with toxins, which can be inhaled and absorbed through the skin.
Ten harmful chemicals were found in 90% of the dust samples taken from homes in fourteen states. The second most prevalent chemical was phenols which are used in many “non-green” cleaning products. Also found were flame retardants, some of which have been linked to cancer.
As someone who is always interested in healthy cleaning and is often sought out for her expert opinion, Debbie Sardone, owner and president of Speed Cleaning, has been busy with radio interviews concerning this latest study on household dust.
Here are just a few of Debbie’s eco-friendly green cleaning suggestions: Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter and vacuum often, dust with a slightly damp microfiber cloth, and seek out green-cleaning products such as Speed Cleaning’s Red Juice.
Read “Household dust is laced with toxic chemicals, study finds” to learn more about the study.