The first step to getting your home organized is to de-clutter. It is essential! Ask a dozen people what drives them crazy around their house – besides their spouse, of course – and chances are most will mention clutter high on the list. If it’s not a universal irritant, it’s surely an all-American one. The consequences of clutter are lamentably too familiar:
- You can’t find things, and you waste time looking for them, over and over again.
- Any sense of beauty or order in a room is out of the question.
- You’re continually stymied trying to complete simple daily tasks.
- You can’t even begin to clean the house.
- Your living space is uncomfortable and depressing.
- You’re surrounded by evidence of what a colossal failure at housekeeping you appear to be.
- The house is too much of a mess to have company visit, and when the do “pop over,” it’s humiliating.
- You’re perpetually living in the past, and never have a sense of catching up with the present.
- Certain accumulations in your home can be a fire hazard or even a health hazard.
It’s pretty clear that clutter is the bane of many existences. Make it your New Year’s resolution to eliminate it! Get organized this January and give your home a pleasant, clean and fresh start! We’ll keep you posted for some de-cluttering tips.